Welcome to the Creative Corner!

Hi! Welcome to the Creative Corner! This is going to be a site devoted to book-lovers like me who are always looking for a good read. I am going to do book reviews, recommendations, list off short stories and post some of my own. If you are looking for a good, reliable source for all things book, you've found it. So, again, welcome! Hope you visit my site again soon!

Monday, September 29, 2014

How to Steal a Dog

* * */ Three Stars

Genre: Adventure, Intellect, Suspense, Drama (a few funny scenes . . .)

In this simple yet gripping book by Barbara O'Connor, a family is in real trouble. As in, home trouble. And money trouble. And, well, all kinds of other trouble; even sleeping-in-our-car-'cause-we-lost-our-place trouble. So, when Georgina and her little brother find a poster for a missing dog, they're surprised; the reward is $500! The two devise a plan; find a rich person, steal their dog, wait until they put up posters, and then return the dog to gain the expensive reward. Simple, right? They just didn't expect the chain of events that happened afterwards . . .
In this book, the story comes to life as you slip into Georgina's shoes. You are always asking yourself,'What will happen next?' I recommend this book to anyone looking for a good, quick read (By the way, I gave this a three stars because I thought it was too quick for my liking; I like slow, more-developed books, but everyone's different, right?).

No comments:

Post a Comment