Welcome to the Creative Corner!

Hi! Welcome to the Creative Corner! This is going to be a site devoted to book-lovers like me who are always looking for a good read. I am going to do book reviews, recommendations, list off short stories and post some of my own. If you are looking for a good, reliable source for all things book, you've found it. So, again, welcome! Hope you visit my site again soon!

Saturday, March 5, 2016

Unjournal 23

Prompt: Describe something that can always make you happy when nothing else can, but don't use the name of it. We will try to guess what it is.

Response: It isn’t exactly big, flashy, or impressive to look at. It has a beat-up cover and a tiny spine, but it means the world to me. I got it when I was 8 at the insistence of my mother. I had a gift card to spend and she kept telling me that I would like it until I gave in. When I opened it up, I couldn’t understand any of it. But as I got older, I realized that it was probably one of the best things I have ever read. It was about space travel, other worlds, family, mystical creatures, mind control, and so much more that rolled itself up into one amazing story. Now, whenever I am upset, I can prop it open, flip through the pages, and begin to feel better. (In case you don't know what it is, the object is Madeline L'Engle's 'A Wrinkle in Time'.)


If you guys want to know what 'A Wrinkle in Time' is about, CLICK HERE to see my summary of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment