Welcome to the Creative Corner!

Hi! Welcome to the Creative Corner! This is going to be a site devoted to book-lovers like me who are always looking for a good read. I am going to do book reviews, recommendations, list off short stories and post some of my own. If you are looking for a good, reliable source for all things book, you've found it. So, again, welcome! Hope you visit my site again soon!

Thursday, January 29, 2015

In this fateful hour . . .

I loved this interesting poem found in Madeleine L'Engle's third book in the 'Wrinkle in Time' series, 'A Swiftly Tilting Planet'. It's beautiful!

In this fateful hour,
I call on heaven with all its power,
and the sun with its brightness,
and the snow with its whiteness,
and fire with all the strength it hath,
and lightning with its rapid wrath,
and the winds with their swiftness along their path,
and the sea with its deepness,
and the rocks with their steepness,
and the earth with its starkness;
All these I place
by God's almighty help and grace,
Between myself and the powers of darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment